Friday, August 04, 2006

Day 10: A Productive Sick Day



While I slept through much of Thursday, trying to recover from my bronchitis, a lone worker spent much of the day digging around the garage to prepare for the foundation. Here's how it looks:



The lone worker also grabbed his hacksaw and continued slicing and dicing pipes in the backyard. Which, of course, freaked me out. What are these pipes, and why did the workers think they were unnecessary? I was especially panicked by the pipe RIGHT NEXT TO THE GAS LINE which he cut off with his electric saw, sparks flying everywhere. I decided to relocate to Evan's room, just to avoid the impending gas explosion that luckily never came. Below, pipe remnants:



Later in the day, after I returned from treating myself to a Foster's Freeze soft serve, three more laborers had shown up to clear out the garage and place the belongings in the metal container we rented ($300). I wound up helping them carry stuff; my real motive was to make sure everything was put away neatly and semi-organized in the unit.

Below, our now-empty garage (save the washer/dryer, which we kept there overnight for some furious last-minute laundry)...



... and the container on the driveway:



With the stuff out of the garage, next the plumber has to come and move the water and gas lines. After that, it'll be time to build our new two-car garage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home